Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Road Report #3: Shawn-John Wannabe

So the majority of my days on campus are spent doing 10 minute presentations about the program in a variety of classes. Sometimes I'll do it as many as 15 times a day. It gets a little repetitive and I'm always looking for ways to spice it up.

My new thing this year is to close with the top 3 things about the program. I say,
"Just like David Letterman has his Top Ten list, I have a Top Three list. Mine isn't as long or as funny, but it's very informative." It cracks them up every time! And I still get a chuckle out of it too.

Some presentations are really lame because the students don't laugh at my jokes, but other times the room is on fire! After good presentations, I always have a skip in my step afterwards. And now I have a new move inspired our favorite gold medalist from Iowa, Shawn Johnson. I prance around like Shawn after she leaves the mat. Remember how she moves her arms in front of her as she walks? It's kind of an arm dance. I look awesome when I do it. And sometimes I'll do this move at the end in front the students. It gets a standing ovation every time.

1 comment:

Ruth Ann said...

I love you. :) And I really wish I could see your killer presentation. Maybe you should take a video and post it on your blog...