Friday, October 17, 2008

Tired and Tortured

My nightmares are back.

With my wedding only 8 days away, sleeping is a challenge. Exhausted I fall into bed, but once my eyes are closed my mind races. Once I am no longer tortured by restlessness and my mind and body doze off, I am often soon awoken by nightmares. I haven't had any like this since I was ready Harry Potter before bed every night and Voldemort would come out of my closet with a dagger headed straight for me in bed. I usually remember my dreams, but these nightmares are different. They are in realtime and I don't remember anything until I'm between that stage of sleep and awake and I am imagining someone in my room and I am sitting up to make a run for it and then I startle awake. It seems so real! Then I feel stupid for actually thinking it was really happening. It's kind of funny. Until I can't get back to sleep. I think part of the problem might be because my nightlight is burned out and it is way too dark. Maybe they make a Harry Potter nightlight that would ward off Voldemort and my nightmares.

1 comment:

Lindsay B said...

Annie, I found your blog through Ruth Ann, congrats on your brand new marriage!! Hope the wedding was a day you'll always remember, and you and Ryley enjoy walking into marriage together! Because I just found your blog, I'm going to tag you - to see the rules, check out this link on my blog: http://lindsbrown.blogspot.com/2008/10/ive-been-tagged-by-kelli.html