Tuesday, June 10, 2008

No, Mary J.--MORE Drama In My Life

I feel like I'm cheating on my fiance. Not with another man, but with one of my favorite reality television stars--Deanna Pappas. Every Monday I clear my calendar for two solid hours of me, Deanna, and 25 men trying to win her heart (and hopefully regularly parading around the house with their shirts off). We all remember the fateful day that Brad denied her the rose to his heart in a recent season of The Bachelor. It was heartbreaking and a waste of a good rose.

But she is back and ready to fall in love! She's the girl of any man's dreams. Heart of gold, killer body, and an irresistible Southern accent. She is "putting her heart on the line" to have the "fairytale ending" and she wants a man who is there "for the right reasons." She is not messing around! She's laid the smack down more than once and will undoubtedly do it again before she decides who is her one true love. She's breaking hearts, kicking ass, and taking names. How could you not be entertained???
Reality television has long time been one of favorite addictions. Though many people have recently caught on to the reality TV crazy, it has keeping my heart rate up for many years. I've been watching people make fools of themselves for half of my life and it all started in 1996 with Real World: Miami. To this day I will never forget the infamous scene when they tried to shove Flora's fat ass through the window to interrupt a sexy shower scene. From then on out I found nothing funnier or entertaining than the stupidity of other people being broadcasted for the world to see.
My love of reality TV has grown into a tree with trashy branches like Flavor of Love and Shot at Love and the educational like Top Chef and Project Runway. But a constant through all of them is the trunk that holds up the tree of reality TV: DRAMA. Ridiculous, crazy, drunk, naked, stupid drama.
And I eat it up faster than a fat kid with a Snickers bar.

No comments: